Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the City of Cape Town Metro Police & Traffic Police Learnership Programme 2022. The full application details for the City of Cape Town Metro Police & Traffic Police Learnership Programme can be accessed below.
City of Cape Town Metro Police & Traffic Police Learnership Programme
The City invites suitably qualified, unemployed youth aged 18-35, who meet the relevant minimum requirements to apply for a learnership in Road Traffic Law Enforcement Learners will receive an allowance of R59 825 per annum
Grade 12 qualification Must be medically and physically fit Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations No Criminal Record Must have a valid driver’s license Trainees must successfully complete the Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement as well as Law Enforcement Skills Program SP4/2012
NOTE: All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
- 2.4 km run (Males 11 minutes and Females 13 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
NOTE: Candidates will:
- be required to pass a written assessment and an interview be required to pass a physical assessment
- be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue.
- be required to pass a driver assessment candidates will be subject to the code of Conduct of the Metropolitan Police Training Academy, as well as the pass requirements stipulated by the Academy and in line with relevant unit standards
Special conditions attached to the post:
- The City is not obligated to offer a permanent position after the completion of the training candidates will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the Academy and training in accordance with the Firearm and Ammunitions Act.
- Required to wear a uniform, work shifts and in all weather conditions.
Please note the following important information:
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process Applicants must apply on-line via e-Recruitment.
How to Apply
Please note that no hard copy or emailed applications will be accepted. In order to apply on-line, applicants must first create an e-Services Account on the City of Cape Town Website. www.capetown.gov.za
Applicants may use any computer with internet access to apply. Smart phones are not compatible with this on-line application process and cannot be used to apply.
Applicants may use a Smart Cape computer at a City of Cape Town Library if they are a library member.
To become a library member, you will need to apply for membership at a library with your ID and proof of residence
Please note that no late applications will be considered
On-line applications must include the submission of:
- A certified copy of your South African Identity Document (no affidavits will be accepted)
- A recently certified copy of matric certificate
Shortlisted candidates will be informed via SMS or telephonically when to report to the identified venue to complete the compulsory tests.
Shortlisted candidates are advised to bring their own gear, food and refreshments to the testing venue.
Only applicants with no criminal record and no pending criminal cases, awaiting trial and/or pending sentencing cases will be considered for employment.
Only applicants, who have undergone a compulsory drug test and are found to be drug free, will be considered for employment.
There should be no expectation of receiving a job offer by applying for, and subsequently being tested and found competent.
Canvassing by job applicants or any other person on behalf of job applicants, for posts within the Council’s Service is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
If appointed, candidates are required to make themselves available to work as they are rostered, and are not permitted to have other employment or run a private business whilst in the employ of the City without the City Manager’s written permission.
Random testing for possession and or consumption of drugs / alcohol / illegal substances may be carried out during the course of employment for CITY MANAGER