Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the City of Cape Town Metro Police and Traffic Officer Learnership Programme 2019/2020. The full application details for the City of Cape Town Metro Police and Traffic Officer Learnership Programme can be accessed below.
City of Cape Town Metro Police and Traffic Officer Learnership Programme
Cape Town is a port city on South Africa’s southwest coast, on a peninsula beneath the imposing Table Mountain. Slowly rotating cable cars climb to the mountain’s flat top, from which there are sweeping views of the city, the busy harbor and boats heading for Robben Island, the notorious prison that once held Nelson Mandela, which is now a living museum.
Ref: SS 48 / 19
Metro Police and Traffic Learnership The City invites suitably qualified, unemployed youth aged 18-35, who meets the following minimum requirements to apply for a learnership in Road Traffic Law Enforcement
- Grade 12
- A valid Code B Driver’s Licence
- No criminal record
- Physically fit
- Trainees must successfully complete the Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement, as well as the Metro Police Department Law Enforcement (MPDLE) Skills Program SP4/2011
- Successful candidates must attend all classes for the duration of the learnership (18 months)
Key Performance Areas:
The successful completion of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement, as well as MPDLE Skills Program
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo:
- A driving ability assessment
- A medical test as proof that the candidate may do strenuous exercise
- A fitness assessment
- Fingerprint checks by the SAPS
- Substance abuse checks
- Extensive physical training as well as training in accordance with the Firearms and Ammunitions Act.
How to Apply
Apply by sending Metro to 33002
Applicants will be required to answer 14 questions via SMS at a cost of R1.50c per SMS.
Closing Date: 19th July 2019