Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the City of Cape Town Apprenticeship Programme 2020. The full application details for the City of Cape Town Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
City of Cape Town Apprenticeship Programme
Cape Town is a port city on South Africa’s southwest coast, on a peninsula beneath the imposing Table Mountain. Slowly rotating cable cars climb to the mountain’s flat top, from which there are sweeping views of the city, the busy harbor and boats heading for Robben Island, the notorious prison that once held Nelson Mandela, which is now a living museum.
- A minimum of an NTC 3 Technical qualification
- Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics or any other subject in the Heavy current stream with Matric OR Technical Matric
- Grade 12 with English, Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Physical Science and any other subject OR Full NCV 4 Electrical
- with 7 subjects
- A passion for the Electrical field
- Must reside in the City of Cape Town metropole
- A valid driver’s licence (preferably Code C1
- formerly Code10) is recommended.
How to Apply for City of Cape Town Apprenticeship Programme
An application form MUST be completed when applying. These forms are available from:
- 2nd Floor, Cape Town Civic Centre
- Electricity Training Centre, Kruispad Brackenfell
- Somerset West Electricity Depot, Spyker Street Somerset West
- Atlantis Electricity Depot, Neil Hare Street, Atlantis
- Wynberg Distribution Depot (off Rosmead Avenue) Wynberg
NB: Candidates with medical conditions that may negatively impact on the Apprentices Programme will NOT be considered, eg. Epilepsy, Colour Blindness, etc.
Please deliver your application (external applicants) to the 2nd Floor, Cape Town Civic Centre (original certified copies of qualifications must accompany your application).