Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the CITI Bank Internship Programme 2021. The full application details for the CITI Bank Winter Internship Programme can be accessed below.
CITI Bank Internship Programme
Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later became First National City Bank of New York.
Citi Africa is looking for Graduates to join our yearlong Learnership Programme in South Africa. The yearlong programme provides exposure and practical work experience to newly qualified university graduates across various Citi businesses. Graduates are allowed to apply to permanent positions in the year and are also sponsored a post-graduate qualification during their year of work, relevant to their area of work
Citi group works to optimize the Winter environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth.
Our Winter Internship programme is a 3-week paid vacation internship programme commencing on 12th July until 30th July for undergraduate university students. The three week programme offers hands on or virtual (dependent on COVID regulations at the time), practical work experience in one of our key business areas and offers a real insight into what working at Citi is like.
Your time here will look something like this…
- Hands on work experience as a member of a specific business unit within the bank
- Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
- Learn to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for our clients – we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible
- Conduct research and analyse industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition
- Participate in client development where Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences and maintaining a reputation for excellence and integrity that spans everything we do
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this 3-week internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organisations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate programmes including the CFA programme. These uniquely designed full-time programmes place university graduates in specific functional teams within the bank.
Our full-time programmes start with extensive classroom training and also the opportunity to complete globally recognised qualifications. In addition, winter interns will gain visibility of the permanent positions available to graduates that we have within the bank, both locally in South Africa or at one of Citi’s international offices.
We want to hear from you if…
- We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential
- A strong academic record at both Matric and university level is important
- Applicants to attached their CV, Cover Letter, Update Academic History and ID Copy
Who we think will be a great fit…
Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. We’ll be looking for the following: Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industryAnalytical and quantitative skillsStrong communication, planning and organizational skills
Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape A strong desire to learn and success in team environments
Commitment to personal growth and career development
Before you apply have you visited our ‘ Career Inspiration Page’? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.