Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) Curatorial Internship Program 2020 [Stipend of $2,500 CAD]. The full application details for the CCA Curatorial Internship Program can be accessed below.
Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) Curatorial Internship Program
Applications for the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) Curatorial Internship Program 2020 are now open. The Curatorial Internship Program is designed to share the CCA’s expertise with students and young professionals in architecture, the design disciplines, the arts, the humanities, and cultural studies who are interested in exploring editorial and curatorial work in architecture.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the CCA’s curatorial approach—in particular, its collection, exhibitions, editorial projects, and research programs—through a nine-month internship in Montréal beginning in the fall of 2020.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Curator, the interns will collaborate in the research for and preparation of exhibitions, publications, educational initiatives, public programs, and communications and collection activities.
- The program provides a monthly stipend of $2,500 CAD over a period of nine months, calculated to defray costs of living in Montreal (subject to the income tax laws of Canada and Quebec if applicable).
- Open to students and young professionals born on or after January 1, 1990
- Interns are selected regardless of their citizenship and place of residence;
- The languages in use at the CCA are English and French. Applicants need to be fluent in any of the language. The internship is non-renewable.
- The CCA will select the interns and will notify all applicants by the end of April 2020. The CCA will select the candidates according to their curricula, the relevance of their critical thinking about architecture, and their intended trajectory in the fields of curating and publishing.
How to Apply for CCA Curatorial Internship Program
Applications should be submitted through the CCA online application portal and consist of the 2 following documents, in English or in French, in PDF format (5MB maximum for each file):
- A critical analysis of 750 to 1,000 words of a CCA collection object, event or exhibition;
- A curriculum vitae detailing education, professional experience, working languages, and any other relevant information.
Contact information for two academics or professionals who are familiar with the candidate and his or her work will also need to be provided.