Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Ethekwini Municipality Graduate Internship Programme 2020/2021. The full application details for the Caterpillar Inc. Internship Programme can be accessed below.
Caterpillar Inc. Internship Programme
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing practical on the job learning in an international business environment/ Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects/ Develop a personal network in the business world/ Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds/ Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewarded/ Work for a global leader.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to provide support to division manager and team, participate in projects, and coordinate important programs for the division, in the space of dealer capabilities improvements, business plan development, service operations and marketing / data analysis, results tracking ,events coordination.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to projects focusing on parts operations process improvements (6 Sigma & gateway methodology / Lean)
- Connect with internal partners as well as Cat dealers to extend your knowledge and network within Caterpillar.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the enterprise strategy, processes, systems, and methodologies (Services Growth, Sales, Service Operations, etc.)
- Support internal / external communications of the group
- Potential for: event organization, large meeting logistics, and general meeting organization
Specific to each subgroup:
- Lead or participate in data analytics projects that will enable Services growth
- Development of software tools (mainly Excel) to support key Service Operations initiatives
- Dealer Service Process, Capability & Capacity work including service coverage studies
- Supporting Dealer Service Capability and Service Business Reviews to improve dealers’ service quality, efficiency and profitability
- Learning Service Profitability fundamentals via training and active support to the team
- Participate in the Sales & Operations Planning process with Cat dealers and internal Cat teams, by learning on how to dig into Caterpillar and Cat dealers’ business plan to support parts sales forecast needs, identify sales events and monitor on a regular basis to ensure sales targets can be delivered
- Play a role in the identification, analysis and resolution of product support performance capability gaps in parts operations in assigned districts
- Along with manager and peers, direct development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
- Follow the Parts Operations Curriculum and achieve the various levels of certifications available
- Support division activities that promote the Cat Brand and Experience
- Leading analytics projects to deliver specific business outcomes
- Management and execution of manual and automated background data processes
- Develop sales and product management analytics tools that identify opportunities for marketing and sales operations development
- Access and use quantitative and qualitative data to build visual dashboards and tools that enable users to develop action-oriented insights
- Track and generate reports and produce professional presentations that communicate our division initiatives, progress and results
- Builds business reporting and tracking (monthly scorecard).
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Analytics – Engineering is desired for Service Operations)
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus (French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or other).
- Strong analytic tools user and IT skills | Ability to analyse and make recommendations on based on facts and data as well as ambiguous data sources | Ideally, experience in one or more of the following: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, MS Access, SQL, Python
- Any project management certification (eg. 6 Sigma Black Belt, CPS/Lean) is a plus
- A structured approach to problem solving utilising quantitative and qualitative methods
- Business Acumen
Interpersonal skills and behavior
- Customer approach – Drive, leadership, optimism, focus, responsibility, empathy
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate complex information in a simple and concise way
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to successfully build relationships with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage own assignments
- Strong accountability. Own the results
The graduate Intern program offers entry-level Intern positions with an opportunity to become a fixed employee if job performance is high and if hiring possibilities are available.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English, copies of diplomas & any work certificates.
At Caterpillar we embrace and promote diversity, we encourage our people to be themselves, this is a place where we succeed on merit.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Location: Gauteng, GP, South Africa
Application Deadline: Jun 9, 2021.