Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the AsiaGlobal Fellowship Programme 2020. The full application details for the AsiaGlobal Fellowship Programme can be accessed below.
AsiaGlobal Fellowship Programme
The AsiaGlobal Fellowship Programme is an interdisciplinary global leadership development initiative for mid-career professionals with a strong interest and track record in public policy. It aims to nurture future leaders and create influencers with a deeper understanding of global issues from Asian perspectives.
The program is directed and administered by the AsiaGlobal Institute of the University of Hong Kong (HKU), a multidisciplinary institute that aims to bring Asian perspectives to global issues. Asia Global Institute provides platforms for leaders to explore timely and critical issues in an informed and objective manner. Its research and programs are supported by international academics, practitioners and policymakers in Asia and beyond. Fellows will have opportunities to interact with these global thinkers and thought leaders via Asia Global Institute’s network.
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Program is carried out under the overall supervision of Professor Zhiwu Chen, Victor and William Fung Professor in Economics and Director of Asia Global Institute at HKU. The Program Director is K.C. Kwok, Honorary Senior Research Fellow in the Faculty of Business and Economics at HKU, and formerly Chief Economist of the Hong Kong Government.
Asia Global Fellows Program is available to undertake Fellowship level programs at The University of Hong Kong, Asia Global Institute.
The AsiaGlobal Fellows Program accepts up to 16 participants for each annual cohort. Primarily based in Hong Kong, it is a 13-week residential program. In 2020, the program runs from August 24 until November 20.
- Lectures by Scholars and Seasoned Leaders
- Organizational Visits and Networking Opportunities:
- Study Tours to Asian Capitals
- Leadership Skills Workshops
- Knowledge Crossover with HK Community at Large
- Mentorship of HKU Undergraduates
- Intra-Fellows Seminars
- Policy Research
The Program welcomes applicants of all ethnicities, nationalities, and professions.
- A monthly stipend to help with living costs in Hong Kong
- On-campus accommodation
- Expenses for study tours
- All admitted fellows need to cover their travel expenses to and from Hong Kong.
- A limited travel fund is available for fellows who can under no circumstances support their travel to Hong Kong or need to apply for a partial subsidy.
- There are no formal academic requirements, but Fellows will normally be graduates.
- be a promising, mid-career professional with 8 to 25 years of working experience.
- be actively engaged in politics, policy-making, policy research, civil society, or business.
- have a special interest in the Asian region and possess an orientation towards finding solutions to the challenges of our complex world.
- have demonstrated strong capacity to make a positive impact on your organization, society, and the wider world.
- As such, you will need to have a high-level of proficiency in English reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Applications will be submitted online.
- Please create your account first and you should recieve login name and password in email,
- complete the application form.
- upload required documents: This includes, but is not limited to, your CV as well as any citations and awards you might have received.
- No applications sent via email will be processed.
- RECOMMENDATION LETTERS: Three independent recommendation letters must be submitted by your referees to support your application.
During the evaluation period, shortlisted applicants may be asked to participate in a face-to-face or online (Skype) interview. Successful candidates will be informed by email; every effort will be made to give successful applicants sufficient time to make appropriate arrangements for their workplace.
How to Apply
Interested persons should click here to apply.
if you have any further questions about the program or the procedures for completing the application forms, please contact email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 21st February 2020.