We are pleased to announce that the 13th edition of the African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) will be held in Johannesburg (South Africa).
African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) Conference Scholarships
African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE) is a high-level training programme in development economics which aims to build capacity in economics and economic policy-making. The course is run for two weeks and consists of lectures and seminars taught by leading international and African economists. This call is directed at talented economists, policy makers, academics and civil society activists who, if selected, will be fully funded to participate in the course.
APORDE will cover essential topics in development economics, including industrial policy, rural poverty, inequality and financialisation. Lectures will equip participants with key information pertaining to both mainstream and critical approaches. The programme will mostly consist of daytime lectures, while a number of shorter evening talks and debates will also be organised.
APORDE Conference Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (APORDE):
- Applicants must demonstrate first-class intellectual capacity and (at least some) prior knowledge in economics/political economy, as well as proficiency in English.
- The objective of APORDE is to attract participants from a broad range of backgrounds and preference will be given to persons who have demonstrated exceptional capacity in their professional experience.
- The main body of participants will be drawn from Africa, but we welcome applications from Asians, Middle Easterners and Latin Americans who have research or work experience related to Africa.
Value of Scholarship
The following costs will be covered for selected participants – travel, accommodation, conference fee and per diem.
How to Apply for APORDE Conference Scholarships
The following documents should be prepared to upload
- An official transcript (showing courses taken and grades obtained);
- A certificate of the highest qualification
- A recent curriculum vitae not exceeding 5 pages in length
- 2 (two) letters of reference, where possible 1 academic referee and 1 professional
- For those whose main medium of instruction or work is not English, some proof of English proficiency will be necessary. Results of Standard English proficiency tests (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS) will be preferable, but other proof may also be accepted (e.g. a sample of written work in English).
- The word format of the application form which you will find on the APORDE web page.
Once you have completed the online application and uploaded all the required documents, please email the same documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .