Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Alfred Nzo Municipality Bursary Scholarship Programme 2020. The full application details for the Alfred Nzo Municipality Bursary Scholarship Programme can be accessed below.
Alfred Nzo Municipality Bursary Scholarship Programme
Alfred Nzo is one of the 6 districts of Eastern Cape province of South Africa. The seat of Alfred Nzo is Mount Ayliff. The majority of its 801 344 people speak Xhosa. The district code is DC44.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for external bursary programme for 2020. Academic year. Alfred Nzo District Municipality bursary funds the following scarce and critical skills:
- BSc: Community Water Services and Sanitation, BSc Water Resource Management or any other water and sanitation related qualification
- Town and Regional Planning
- Geographic Information System
- Maritime Studies
Conditions of Eligibility
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals, and proof thereof must be provided.
- Students residing within Alfred Nzo area of jurisdiction
- Youth between ages 16-35
- Students who are financially needy and academic deserving
- Students who are intending to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution for the aforementioned fields.
- Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
- Motivation letter
- Grade 12 certificate or latest results for current grade 12 leaners
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from recognised tertiary institution
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of residence from Ward Councillor
- Parents proof of income/death certificate(s) affidavit in cases where the student does not have one or both parents.
How to Apply
Application forms are available from the website address: Download Application Form, ANDM Offices, local municipalities,(umzimvubu, Matatiele, Ntabankulu, and Mbizana )and Ward Councilors. Successful students are expected to enter into a contractual agreement with Alfred Nzo District Municipality. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary. Alfred Nzo District Municipality reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
Applications must be submitted to: The Senior Manager Corporate Services, Alfred Nzo District Municipality, ERF 1400 Ntsizwa Street, Private Bag X511, Mount Ayliff 4735.
All queries should be directed to Ms. A.N. Zibobo: Human Resource Development Section by telephone on (039) 254 5112/5125
Successful candidates will be informed on or before 31 January 2020.