Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Advanced Learning in Evolving Critical Systems (ALECS) Fellowship Programme 2020. The full application details for the ALECS Fellowship Programme can be accessed below.
Advanced Learning in Evolving Critical Systems (ALECS) Fellowship Programme
Applications for the Advanced Learning in Evolving Critical Systems (ALECS) Fellowship Programme 2020 are now open. The aim of the programme is to provide training and career development to researchers through providing international mobility and intersectoral exposure.
Advanced Learning in Evolving Critical Systems (ALECS) is an innovative fellowship programme coordinated by Lero – the Irish Software Research Centre. The initiative is co-funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme and by Science Foundation Ireland, through Lero. As a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship, ALECS offers high quality professional opportunities open to researchers of any age, nationality, and discipline.
- Location: All fellowships will be based in Ireland where fellows will be hosted by their academic supervisor’s university.
- Duration: The two-year fellowship will include an individual research project under the supervision of a leading Lero researcher and a secondment to the non-academic sector.
- Research: Freedom to choose the research topic provided it falls within the programme’s broad research themes and the research interests of an ALECS academic supervisor.
- Secondment: Fellows will undertake a mandatory 3-6 months secondment as part of their fellowship.
- The programme will fund 26 fellowships for researchers, who either have a Ph.D. degree or who have at least 4 years equivalent full-time equivalent research experience.
- Lero – the Irish Software Research Centre is the programme coordinator. However, a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is not mandatory. Applications are open to candidates from complementary disciplines.
All candidates must discuss their research idea and seek the support of an eligible academic supervisor for their application. Applications without such support will not be considered.
How to Apply for ALECS Fellowship Programme
Interested applicants should click here to apply.