Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme 2020. The full application details for the AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme can be accessed below.
AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme
AFGRI is a leading agricultural services company with core competencies to enhance, support and guides the growth of your agricultural enterprise.
Our Apprenticeship Programme affords the learners an opportunity to grow within AFGRI under the mentorship of our leaders, informal training as well as on the job development rotations in multidisciplinary teams.
- National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12) with the following subjects:
- Physical Science
- Technical Drawing / Engineering Graphics and Design
- N3 subjects in relevant Trades (Mechanical, Electrical, Boilermaker, Fitter)
- N2 subjects in:
- Engineering Science
- Communication Skills
- Valid Driver’s license
Applicants who are not in possession of the above qualifications can undertake N2 requirement subjects through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme
The programme will include;
- A 3-year in-service/practical training towards obtaining a trade-related qualification
- All required training to qualify as an artisan, will be completed through a SETA approved training institution
- Workplace experiential training conducted at the AFGRI branches
- Complete trade test preparation
- Successfully written trade test examination required to qualify as an artisan
- Incumbents will receive a monthly stipend
- Repair and maintenance of related equipment
- Responsible for stock control
- Customer services
- General work
- A highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail
- Team player
Our intake period is from August to November year on year. Learners must avail themselves for an interview and assessment process as defined by the company. The Programme inception will be in January the following year.
How to Apply for AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.